Mr. Haidar Ali
Senior Vice President - People Happiness & Innovation , Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority, UAE
Haidar Ali, a UAE national born on 1st of February, 1976 in Dubai. He is holder of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) certification, and a post graduate from The University of Wollongong, Dubai in the field of Strategic Human Resource. Haidar was the first UAE National to obtain the Psychometric License (levels A & B).
During his career with Dubai World Trade Centre in (1997 – 2006), Haidar established the “Human Resources & Quality departments” in 1999 and later transformed the payroll function into a complete HR department which constituted all the key components of Talent development, Performance Management, Reward Management etc.
As during his career with Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority (2006 – till date), where he currently holds the post of Senior Vice President – People & business Excellence, he developed the Strategy Plan for the organization, established HR and its functions and developed the Performance Management system; with foreseeing the growth of the organization, Haidar ensured all the systems and frameworks could keep up to the changing times.
Key Achievements till date:
- Developed Organizational Effectiveness department in 2006
- Later the Business Excellence department in 2008
- Introduced the Excellence Award Program in 2009 (Since then, DSOA has done 4 cycles internally, won numerous external recognitions, e.g. Dubai Quality Appreciation Award, Emirates Energy Award, CIPS certification; moreover DSOA was the youngest free zone to win DQAP as result of the Excellence Program introduced)
- Introduced and launched Innovation and Mindspark (idea scheme) in 2012 (and Mindspark)
- Launched Happiest People in May 2014
As a leader, Haidar’s focus has always been on the Big Picture and he always ensures the team and organization are capable of executing this vision.